Monday, November 30, 2009

An Interview with Seyran Ates: "I Hope the West Does Not Give In"












The Phyllis Chesler Organization

"I Hope the West Does Not Give In"

An Interview with Seyran Ates


by Phyllis Chesler

Pajamas Media

November 30, 2009


http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/661/interview-with-seyran-ates












Send Comment RSSShare: Digg del.icio.us Facebook


Excerpt:


This interview with Turkish-German lawyer, Seyran Ates, first appeared in the land of the fjords, the land of oil, the home of the political correctniks who choose and bestow the Nobel Peace Prize. I am talking about Norway, where my friend and colleague, the American author Bruce Bawer, also lives. Bruce has written a number of important books such as While Europe Slept: How Radical Islam is Destroying The West From Within and Stealing Jesus: How Fundamentalism Betrays Christianity.


Bruce (who currently has a piece featured on Pajamas) is the one who translates my work into Norwegian. Two far-sighted women, Rita Karlsen and Helge Storhaug, publish Human Rights Service as an online journal in both English and Norwegian.


I first "met" Seyran Ates when I was researching my book about Islamic gender apartheid and its penetration of the West. Thus, I quoted her twice in The Death of Feminism. I recently met Seyran for the first time in person in Rome at the G8 conference; I wrote about it for PJM here. We bonded. But, we really met when Seyran came to stay with me in New York City.


Read the complete original version of this item...


Related Topics: Islamic Gender and Religious Apartheid





To subscribe to the Phyllis Chesler mailing list, go to
http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/list_subscribe.php



The Phyllis Chesler Organization




No comments:

Post a Comment