Monday, January 25, 2010

Christianity is the religion of peace

From Walid Shoebat,, one of my favourite people on this world,,

Christianity is the religion of peace

http://www2.tricities.com/tri/news/opinion/columnists/article/christianity_is_the_religion_of_peace/39845/


» 48 Comments | Post a Comment

By Walid Shoebat

It is blatantly wrong “to equate all of the Muslim religion to evil.” To say that is “tantamount to a former Baptist going to Saudi Arabia and equating all Baptists with abortion-doctor killers.”

So says Mr. J. Todd Foster, the managing editor of the Bristol Herald Courier, in a Nov. 8, 2009, article against me.

Can one even rightfully compare Evangelicals or Catholics to Muslims?

Here is my challenge to Foster: I am willing to go to the largest mass at the Vatican in Rome dressed up in Muslim garb with a Koran in hand if Foster agrees to go to the Hajj in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, with a visible cross around his neck. If Foster turns up unscathed I will pay him the sum of $15,000, apologize and repent publicly from saying anything against Islam or Muslims.

Foster won’t take the challenge. I guarantee it. Why? Because he knows that I am right and he is wrong.

While criticism of Christianity is ubiquitous, filling our libraries, schools, and media, Foster and his ilk would rather bend over backwards to submit and appease Islam. Mr. Foster fears his blood being spilt at the altar of freedom while I risk mine for his right to smear my character and credentials.

Mr. Foster laments that no Muslim scholar was present at our lectures. The two methods one can learn about Islam is either to invite such scholars who will gladly give Foster a sensitivity course on Islam or ask Christians who are Assyrian, Sudanese, Pakistani, Armenian, or Egyptian Copts who have lived under the Islamic yoke.

Would he dare find any of these who would call Islam a religion of peace?

Might he find a single Muslim scholar who does not have a litany of statements attributed to him in support of Jihad?

Foster will not be able to provide a single name of such a scholar.

Can he even define what a peaceful religion is? If not, I am certain that I can contribute in this regard.

A peaceful religion is the type of religion that when criticized, its followers will pray for the critic. A religion of that sort is Christianity. A violent religion is one that when criticized, its followers reprimand the critic, saying “you’d better say that our religion is peaceful or else we will kill you.”

This is what we see millions of Muslims do worldwide.

Foster then targets my credibility, referring to a negative article written by the Jerusalem Post. He likely selects that particular source because the Post is a conservative paper. As the line of reasoning goes, if the Jerusalem Post says it then it must be true.

Interestingly, Foster omitted that the Jerusalem Post regretted publishing the article written by the freelance journalist Jorg Luyken after finding out that their own Christian edition turned down the article for lack of professional journalism and accuracy. Luyken then turned to the secular/Jewish edition of the Jerusalem Post without disclosing that the Christian edition had not accepted his screed.

Mr. Foster even failed to mention that the Jerusalem Post gladly issued my rebuttal, which proves beyond a doubt that I am who I claim to be. I would hope that Foster, being a gentleman, will publish this.

Foster could have easily found all the evidence on my Web site under “my identity” which discloses my family connections, from my own cousin Jawad Younis, who provided moral and legal support for Al-Qaeda and corresponded with Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah. Younis was also the attorney for Abu Zubaida, one of Usama bin Laden’s henchmen.

If Google is Foster’s best method for inquiring about one’s credentials, he failed to ‘Google’ in Arabic my famed cousin Arin Ahmed Shoebat, another family member who was part of the suicide bombing operation in Rishon Letzion. Like Luyken, Foster never examined the several documents proving my credentials and additionally failed to mention other reputable individuals who did, like Daniel Pipes who is a regular contributor to the Washington Post, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal. Pipes is a reknowned analyst who examined many of my personal records. Mr. Pipes confirmed my credibility and so did the FBI, the United States Air Force, and the Department of Homeland Security, all of whom I have spoken for and in some cases was an unpaid consultant.

Foster refers to a New York Times article that cites the Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) calling me a “fraud.” The same New York Times that smeared John McCain as an adulterer now claims I was a “fraud.” They give credibility to CAIR, a terror front group that even the FBI severed its ties with. It takes absolutely no courage for Foster to apologize to Islam and a level of courage I’m wagering he doesn’t have to visit Mecca.

I’ll even pay for his ticket.

Walid Shoebat is an author and lecturer on Islam who spoke at an event in Bristol in November.



No comments:

Post a Comment