Thursday, August 26, 2010

Am I Also a Bigot? Pols Clueless on Ground Zero Mosque

Am I Also a Bigot? Pols Clueless on Ground Zero Mosque

http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/08/26/am-i-also-a-bigot-pols-clueless-on-ground-zero-mosque/

2010 August 26

by Nat Hentoff

The angry national debate over Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf’s intention to build a mosque two blocks north of the horror of 9/11 at Ground Zero has been further fueled by supporter Nancy Pelosi declaring, “I join those who have called for looking into how … this opposition to the mosque is being funded.”

If one of her sleuths knocks on my door, this opponent will readily state that I need no outside funding as a reporter who is deeply investigating the motivation of Imam Rauf’s choice of this site of mass murder for the mosque. I will add that, of course, all American Muslims have their First Amendment right to exercise their freedom of religion in their place of worship. There have been other mosques in New York City built without opposition. That freedom is not at stake here.

Continue reading at Jewish World Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment