Thursday, January 15, 2015

Op-Ed: Everything has been Turned on its Head



The Phyllis Chesler Organization

Facebook  Twitter  RSS

Op-Ed: Everything has been Turned on its Head

by Phyllis Chesler
Israel National News
January 15, 2015

Be the first of your friends to like this.

Last night, I lectured at a synagogue in Westchester. Afterwards, a man came up "to shake my hand." He had asked me this exact question about Western survival and I had answered him partly based on the Arutz Sheva article I recently wrote on the question. Then he told me:
"Our son was supposed to be at the finish line at the Boston Marathon. Luckily, something prevented him from going but we spent the weeks afterwards calling up many of his Boston-area friends to see how they were. What will it take for Americans to wake up and to take Jihad seriously? If 9/11 and Ft Hood and the Boston Marathon Bombing did not do it, I am afraid to think of what will."

A young college student said: "If I say any of the things you have just said, my friends would call me crazy."

Said I: "So what? If you opt for popularity and conformity you will never develop the strength to stand up to evil or to tell the truth. Remember: Evil always prevails when the good people are afraid to stop it, lest they not only become pariahs--they may also lose their livelihoods and their lives."

To subscribe to the Phyllis Chesler mailing list, go to http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/list_subscribe.php

No comments:

Post a Comment