Almost immediately after the terror attack on a Muhammad cartoon contest in Garland, Texas, people began criticizing the organizer of the event.
AFDI President Pamela Geller appeared on "Hannity" tonight to respond to her critics and explain why such events are important.
Geller said that after the Charlie Hebdo massacre, the media across Europe ran the controversial cartoon and said, "Je suis Charlie." Geller asserted that in the U.S., on the other hand, it's, "Je suis jihad."
"I am offended and libeled [and] defamed viciously by the media every day," Geller said. "And I will tell you something, Sean. No matter how bad it gets, no matter how vicious, they will never get me to kill anyone. They will never get me to kill anyone."
"We are responsible for our own actions. We are responsible for our own violence, as it were."
Are you willing to die for this principle? Hannity asked.
"Yes, it's 'give me liberty or give me death,'" Geller answered. "It's a battle between freedom and slavery. There's no question."